Friday, September 21, 2012

Prabhu Deva in a head-to-head about life, movies and relationships…

With three years in B-Town, this choreographer-turned-director has had a string of super hits and has just bagged his second Salman Khan flick. In an interview with a leading national daily, Prabhu Deva says his Bollywood journey has been going great and talks about Salman, Vijay, the success of ‘Rowdy Rathore’ and his personal life.
On asked about how he feels to lucky director to have Salman in his next film, he exclaims, “Superb! I have known Salman for the last 15 years and used to speak to him whenever I met him. He’s a gem of a person! Even on the sets, he doesn’t bond with me like a hero and director. He takes good care of everyone on the sets. He doesn’t express himself that openly. But recently he invited me to watch ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ and another movie. He’s very fond of me and I am very fond of him. As of now, nothing has been decided about the story”.
Salman Khan has been known to be generous in the industry and amongst the masses. Prabhu Deva, however, seemed to be in a chatty, upfront mood and spoke about working in Mumbai.  “People here are extremely professional. The kind of money involved is huge, so everything works like clockwork. When they announce a film, they also announce the release date! In the last three years, I have seen it all go according to how it’s planned”.

It is fascinating how a south Indian, Kollywood famous choreography, manages to direct films in the ‘Hindi’ language. Prabhu Deva promptly remarks, “I understand Hindi well and I am comfortable. Before I start work on a film, I know the dialogues and what each and every word in Hindi means. Once you start working, it comes to you naturally. It’s a process. I contribute to dialogues also — how it should be, etc. However, most of the times, I need help with the lyrics for the songs”.
 
There have been rumours in K-town and B-town that Prabhu Deva has been seeing someone in the city, after his break-up with ex-wife and Tamil and Telugu actress Nayantara. To this the director says that he is focused on his work and has his hands full with new projects. The director also exclaims, “I have no time for a personal life!”


Hollywood Movies | Bollywood Movies | Movie Trailers | Bollywood News | Hollywood News

No comments:

Post a Comment